Leica TRICA1 Tripod + DH1
A fine carbon fiber tripod with exceptionally-smooth fluid video head, the Leica Trica 1 is a perfect accompaniment to your Leica spotting scope. It comes with Leica's DH1 Fluid Head, which is sealed to survive an ardent birdwatcher's habits and able to give you the pinnacle of control, stability, and low weight.
This is a full-size tripod, appropriate even for taller folks using straight viewing spotting scopes, and weighs less than 6 pounds even together with its very fine pan/tilt head. Being carbon fiber, it is great at absorbing vibrations, making it ideal for use when digiscoping. Leica's thought to include a weight hook at the bottom of the center column; if you've got anything to hang there when digiscoping, be sure to take advantage of it.
- Carbon fiber and magnesium construction
- Fluid head with adjustable friction control and excellent all-climate operation
- 'Open channel' style quick release clamp allows ideal balance of spotting scope with camera attached (requires optional longer plate)
- Independently-adjustable leg segments allow low working heights or observing upon uneven terrain
- Quick flipping leg lock levers
- Simple rubber leg tips allowed upon carry-on luggage
- Foam-padded upper leg segments
- Weight hook at bottom of center column